Thursday, January 05, 2012

Taking the plunge

I'm doing it.


I, Rachael, take the Seamless pledge for 2012. I will abstain from buying any new clothes until the end of my pledge. I will find ways to be fashionable without breaking the bank and without contributing to the cycle of fast fashion consuming the high street. I will trawl through charity shops, I will attend clothes swaps, I will look for second-hand items on eBay and I will craft my own clothes with my own two hands.


Seamless

THE RULES

  1. No buying new clothes for the duration of your pledge. That is new mass-manufactured clothes (under clothing excluded).
  2. I will buy second-hand manufactured clothes.
  3. Vintage clothing is a-ok! (Not that I wear vintage, this would be new for me)
  4. I hope to make most of what I need!
  5. Does this mean I now have to be "fashionable"?

2 comments:

  1. Does this include undergarments?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Note #1 under the "rules" under clothing excluded. I have a hard time imagining myself sewing panties or a bra... or socks.

    ReplyDelete

As another blogger said, comments are like payment, its acknowledging the writer's effort. I'd love to hear your thoughts, ideas and responses... best done via a comment!