Thursday, May 20, 2010

My favorite hot-pads

To make sure we are all on the same page: hot pads are the things you use to grab hot stuff.

My father-in-law gave me these the last time we were up at their place. I think he got them at Menard's or some such, probably for free with rebate. I wish we had Menard's around here.


The label said they would protect your hands up to 500' or so, and likely had some other good things about them on the label. I have given up my trusty Weber Grill Mit for these. The dexterity available to me is far greater than the Mit, and they seem to keep my hands cooler for longer. True, I don't have the same fore-arm protection that the Mit provides, but its been a long time since I've singed arm hairs. Its my hands that get so hot, especially when rearranging coals. I love my charcoal grill -- its a Weber, and as summer is coming on and its getting hot, I'm hoping to use it more (less stove and oven use).

On that thought, I should build/get a solar cooker. Certainly is sunny enough, even in winter.... hmmmm.....

1 comment:

  1. I wondered why you needed these when simple square ones suffice for pans out of the oven... The hot coals explain it all. :-)

    ReplyDelete

As another blogger said, comments are like payment, its acknowledging the writer's effort. I'd love to hear your thoughts, ideas and responses... best done via a comment!