Sunday, August 28, 2011

Mourning my loss... of a cup

Since I'm avoiding dairy products and foods that have dairy in them, or are exposed to dairy, I've gotten creative with breakfast. There's peanut butter on graham crackers, peanut butter on homemade, dairy-free bread, or peanut butter on ritz... yes, I eat a lot of peanut butter. Luckily, I really like peanut butter. In fact, I like it so much I usually by it by the 40 oz jar 2-pack at Sams.

Peanut butter and chocolate is the best, but since chocolate has dairy... I will mix Hershey's chocolate syrup into peanut butter. Not quite as good at mixing in actual chocolate by way of chocolate chips, but close enough.
To break out of the peanut butter monotony, I expanded into fruit.  I made peach-strawberry sorbet with a borrowed ice cream maker...
all the fruit to make into sorbet.  Yummy, yummy

Sorbet takes a lot of sugar... 8 oz!
Its fruit, its gotta work for breakfast, right?

And I've made fruit smoothies for breakfast. Strawberry-orange-banana, or peach-strawberry-banana-orange, or peach-orange. I have orange juice, thus the proliferation of "orange" in the smoothies.

This has worked nicely until today. Smoothies are utterly transportable via a wonderfully double-walled insulated, even has a straw, cup. I love this cup. When I was hug-o prego, I kept this cup full of ice water. I made ice coffee to go in this cup. Have I mentioned that I really like this cup?  But today I was forgetful and ended up feeling like quite a dork. I left the cup on top of the car.... and it fell off as we were driving and broke.
Sad, broken cup :(
I haven't decided if I'm going to replace the cup or not. It won't be a Jamba Juice cup if I do replace it, and not even a new Jamba Juice cup would truly replace this cup.

Ah, well, it is *only* a cup. But, I will say good bye and wash it out one last time before putting the cup to rest.

On the bright side, no smoothie was found on the car after retrieving the cup. And no smoothie was lost out the seal where the top screws on. That's a good seal.

3 comments:

  1. Pity about the cup! I know how that feels. I broke my favourite hand-painted glass through my stupidity. Irreplace-able.
    And this was clearly a very good cup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about your cup! :( That is a LOT of sugar for breakfast - have you thought about oatmeal for breakfast instead? I've become obsessed with overnight oats - perfect with peanut butter! Also oats in a jar are perfect when you get to the end of a jar of PB. Yummy! (And dairy free!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, overnight oats? Send me instructions, I might try it. Generally, I don't like oatmeal. I do like malt-o-meal, though... on cold mornings. Oats in a jar? You speak of things I know not!

    ReplyDelete

As another blogger said, comments are like payment, its acknowledging the writer's effort. I'd love to hear your thoughts, ideas and responses... best done via a comment!