Thursday, July 27, 2006

Recent Events from Rachael's Life


I have succumbed. It seems that to communicate by blog is the chose form of communication for our generation, so I might as well join in :P

Life is finally feeling back to normal. Its been a crazy three months... a wedding, a funeral, and lots of travel.

June 3, 2006 is now forever marked as one of the best days of my life. So far, it is *the best* day of my life, but I figure there is always a chance that something else might pass it up.... I don't expect it though. That was the day that I spoke my vows of devotion to the man I have chosen to spend the rest of my life with. That was the day he spoke vows of devotion to me, and chose me as the woman he would spend the rest of his life with. This is the second life changing decision I've ever made, and I have yet to think of any other decision that could pass it up.

June 17, 2006 marks one of the saddest days of my life. Early that Saturday morning, my mother passed from this world into the presence of Jesus, her Lord and Savior. I knew she was sick, but it wasn't until that Thursday before that I was aware that she was dying. Two weeks before, she had attended my wedding, and it was on our way home from the honeymoon that we stopped off at my parent's house because Mom was so sick. Thankfully, goodbyes were said Thursday night by all of us, Dad, Sister Emily, and me. Friday was the hardest of those days because she was physically still alive, but didn't recongize anyone but Dad. By Friday afternoon, I began crying out to God to take her home, that I didn't want her to suffer like this. Friday evening she slipped into a coma and early Saturday morning, Dad found that she was no longer breathing.

Strangely, Saturday and Sunday were mostly filled with relief. Mom was no longer suffering, but was completely healed and was now rejoicing in Glory. It was Monday evening, and even Tuesday morning before grief set in. The funeral was hard, and the grave side service even harder; I cried more than I think I ever had before.


All of this was surrounded by tons of travel.... LA to Texas (for the wedding) to B.C. (for the honeymoon) back to Texas (for the funeral) then back to LA (home) then to Wisconsin (in-law visit) and finally back to LA. We've been back for 2 weeks now, and life is feeling normal. I'm doing the housewife thing while I look for work. Hopefully something comes along soon, or this blog will really fill up!

3 comments:

  1. Great to see you joined the blog train... I loved your update... thanks for sharing.. oh.. by the way.. It is still weird to see the name Rachael Younger for me yet.... Has it sunk in for you.... toodles

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am I doing this blog thing right... I've never posted before and they want me to write here...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rachael, congrats on your marriage and we're are sorry to hear about your mom. Sun & I are in Orange County so maybe you and your new hubby want to come visit sometime?

    ReplyDelete

As another blogger said, comments are like payment, its acknowledging the writer's effort. I'd love to hear your thoughts, ideas and responses... best done via a comment!