Friday, March 19, 2010

Beef Broth

I've made beef broth a great number of times, but always on the stove. Simmer bones and veggies for 6 to 8 hours. This time, I pilled beef ribs in the crock pot, covered with water and let it simmer on low for 24 hours (as per instructions at http://www.foodrenegade.com/, I think). Wow, good looking stuff.


I'm venturing out on a limb and put the bones back into the crock pot with water for a second run.... I'll let you know how it goes!

About half the tomato and pepper seedlings put out last night. They look great this morning... here's to hoping I don't have to compete with any little critters for them.

1 comment:

  1. The second batch of broth came out nicely. Its not as dark as the first, so I'll make sure to use these bags when the strong flavor isn't as important (not French Onion Soup, but perhaps Beef and Barley Stew).

    ReplyDelete

As another blogger said, comments are like payment, its acknowledging the writer's effort. I'd love to hear your thoughts, ideas and responses... best done via a comment!