Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Sinuses and relief

Finally, after watching me suffer over the last 4 or 5 weeks, my sweet, sweet coworker, office-mate and fellow science teacher, Kat, encouraged me to call the Doc. I was feeling particularly miserable today, as I couldn't breath through my nose AT ALL and I'd had a bad night with sinuses, Hubby saying I woke him from snoring at least once (oh, that's bad!). So, I called.

I chatted with the nurse for a few minutes and she declared that no, this was not 'pregnancy stuffiness' but likely a full blown sinus infections (based on colors and duration). This evening, after a bit of run around, I talked with the doctor on call and got the low down. She issued a prescription, which Hubby is currently picking up from the store, and told me to take guaifenesin and dextromethorphan (expectorant and cough suppressent). Looks like I'm finally on the way to recovery -- should have called weeks ago!

I'm also glad to find that I'm not doomed to such crazy sinus congestion for the duration of my pregnancy, that was beginning to sound utterly miserable. As of 830 this evening, I'm still stuffy and mostly miserable, but hopeful for the morning.

1 comment:

As another blogger said, comments are like payment, its acknowledging the writer's effort. I'd love to hear your thoughts, ideas and responses... best done via a comment!