Wednesday, February 24, 2010

"Winter" Sunshine

After our second dump of snow (wow, wow, wow... its was a ton of snow!), the sun is shining this morning. School is scheduled to start late (yeah!) because of icy roads, so I'm lounging for a bit this morning. The snow is quickly receding on the grass, and its going to be wet later today. Its been quite a winter.

Since I've realized parts of our yard flood with a good amount of rain, I decided to move a plot. What was the 4'x4' in the back is now a compost pile. I'm thinking I'll add in two more 4'x8', keeping them in line with the others already out there. There are plots for watermelon, pumpkin, zucchini, and various gourds planned out, and I found out Huckleberry likes partial shade, so new spot for it, too.

I found an online garden planning tool, growveg.com. Its a ton of fun, but I'm not sure its worth it for me. I have the academic and artistic skill to draw and plan the same way, but I do not have the $$. Plus, the automatic nature of it gives me too much power for planning and I'll plan way more than I can actually do! I love the lay out and the plant list though.

I'm excited that it looks like the weather is warming up.... oh, sun, please dry out the dirt so I can dig, dig, dig over spring break!

No comments:

Post a Comment

As another blogger said, comments are like payment, its acknowledging the writer's effort. I'd love to hear your thoughts, ideas and responses... best done via a comment!