Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Laziness

I started this post several weeks ago, and never finished it. Thought I'd go ahead and post it!

From June 10, 2010
I'm feeling very lazy about posting. I have a video of the effects of 5.5 inches of rain yesterday on our street and yard. I have pictures of the garden and games we play (very fun stuff). I also have the fun house dress I've put together to tell about. But I just want it done, I don't want to have to do it. Hmmm... maybe I'll start with breakfast, at 10 am, and see where the day goes from there. Pictures are a decent bit of work on here (I think, but then, maybe I'm being lazy?)

Here is some general news: after some very hot and sunny days (and a sunburn from the first day of swimming lessons), we got 5.5 inches of rain and a high in the mid-70s for June 9, 2010. Weather.com states only 2.75 inches of rain, but my rain gauge documented 5 1/2! Absolute craziness. The back yard was a bog of water and grass clippings. The "raised beds" were surrounded by water (to the top of hte cinder blocks, though I think they sank a bit), and the non-raised beds were under water. The front yard started to fill up at one point, but then drained quite well. This morning both front and back yard are out from under the water, and most had drained off and soaked in by bed time last night.

Hubby and I are on a Arkham Horror game playing streak. We played on game from Tuesday evening 730 or so to Wednesday afternoon 1 pm or so. We did sleep in the middle there... but that game was 6 1/2 or so hours long! Its an intricate game of collaboration, insanity and scariness, and its a ton of fun. We started a second game about 5 pm last night, played till 830 or so, and quit for the night. We will play again tonight, but will likely finish the game Friday afternoon & evening.

I started swimming lessons on Monday; teaching, not taking. I taught swimming lessons all through my undgrad college years, and picked up several small classes for these two weeks. Unfortuantely, my SPF 15 didn't protect me Monday and I finished the first day with a sunburn. I used SPF 45 on Tuesday, which was better, but I still was too red at the end. Yesterday was cancelled for the rain. Today, I either wear a t-shirt or pick up a "swim shirt" on my way in. I'm still undecided.

No comments:

Post a Comment

As another blogger said, comments are like payment, its acknowledging the writer's effort. I'd love to hear your thoughts, ideas and responses... best done via a comment!