Friday, September 09, 2011

Leah's new heart

Leah's Mommy and Daddy were able to see her in ICU, early-early this morning. And they got up a few new pictures as of about 10 minutes ago.  (Can you believe I'm up at this time... first to nurse Peanut and now to welcome Little Bobble -- her mom works at a breakfast serving place, so she goes in early sometimes).

Its amazing that such goodness can come out of such tragedy. One family has lost their child, and another family gains a longer life for their child. And not just one child... not only does a heart mean life, but kidneys, a liver. Perhaps someone has sight (or better sight) from donated retinas, and a burn victim now has new skin to cover the ruined patches. I am truly amazed that life and improved life comes from death.

On my soap box now: Are you a registered organ donor? If so, yea! If not, why not? Let's be brutally honest here, after your death, will you need those organs? (someone else will)

Anyhoo, I'm so excited for Leah and yet my heart fills with sadness for those who lost their child. And I'm heading back to sleep soon, just as soon as Little Bobble is settled in her bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

As another blogger said, comments are like payment, its acknowledging the writer's effort. I'd love to hear your thoughts, ideas and responses... best done via a comment!