Thursday, September 22, 2011

Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real -- Sept 22

Its been weeks since I've participated in a {PHFR}. Nonetheless, here I am, ready to try again!

{Pretty}

The other night, it rained. And then it rained again the next night. That second night, we got nearly 3" of rain! And we have a chance of rain (or did last time I was listening to the radio) today, and the clouds suggest we might get a few sprinkles. We are a long ways from "breaking the drought", but this is a start.

{Happy}

And of course, as I'm getting better about hanging the clothes out to dry, the sky looks like rain.  I'm gonna see how much I can reduce our expenditures by, as I'd rather spend money on books and sorts than on electricity. Avoiding the dryer is one small step towards that goal.

{Funny}

Peanut has decided that his toes are excellent chewing and sucking objects. He is most prone towards this when he is getting a diaper changed (and I'm holding his legs up to clean the bum), or diaper-less (to let his bum air dry). His dexterity is such that he can grab a foot and bring it to his mouth now.

{Real}

I tend to imagine the {Real} picture as something hard or difficult, or not totally happy.  But... its 1:30 pm, and its not quite 80' out. That is amazing. This a certified cold-front! (Yes, we celebrate the "cold" fronts, even though "cold" means it drops below 90').

See more {Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real} here
round button chicken



P.S. And one of these days, I'll have it together enough to put up a {PHFR} before the afternoon on a Thursday.

P.S.S.  Happy 4 years anniversary to Dad and Lorelei!

No comments:

Post a Comment

As another blogger said, comments are like payment, its acknowledging the writer's effort. I'd love to hear your thoughts, ideas and responses... best done via a comment!