Friday, December 23, 2011

Growing things

Many folks have told me I have a green thumb, as I tend to get veggies from the garden. Honestly, though, I think it is most luck.  Nature has killed several of my plants outside and I kill many of them inside.  This last summer, I successfully knocked off a baby Giant Sequoia and seedling peacan, both in pots. They just got to dry and it killed them (easy to do in 100'+ heat). All I had to do was bring them inside. Didn't think of that till early September.

And now...

Friend Liz rooted and repotted several basil and sage plants, and gave me 2 basil and 2 sage. Wasn't that nice of her? I kept the soil moist, and put them in the window for sun... but alas, I have killed the 2 basil and 1 sage is well on its way out. I'm not sure what I did, honestly.... was the window sill too cold? Too much water? Not enough? :::sigh::: 

This why I don't do house plants. Strange to hear myself say that.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As another blogger said, comments are like payment, its acknowledging the writer's effort. I'd love to hear your thoughts, ideas and responses... best done via a comment!