Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Celebrating the everyday

Getting the labels off books, using a just-the-right-size piece of wet paper towel.



Figuring out my baby clothes storage system. For now, I've settled on two boxes -- 1 for 0-12 month clothes and 1 for 12 to 24 month clothes.



Making ice cream in my new, Christmas gifted, ice cream maker. Thanks, Dad and L! I'm on a ice cream making kick these days. I've even figured out, yes, already, a recipe that we like better than the one in the book that comes with the maker. More on these adventures later.


And taking pictures with the new, Christmas gifted, camera. Thanks, Mom and Dad - in-law! It even has a "food" setting, which is so totally cool.

And Peanut enjoying all the new-to-him board books from his cousins. We are now loaded with books. And Peanut has started actually looking at the books, not just chewing on them. He got several new toys for Christmas, and some hand-me-down toys, and as soon as I get the shelves in his room cleared off, toy rotation starts. Just too many to keep in the living room.


Peanut loves to pick things up to eat. Most recently, he's started on goldfish. Mamma loves goldfish, too. He's learning to use signs to ask for "milk" and "more". I think he's generalized "milk" to be "eat", as he uses it in the high chair also. No, I"m not worried about it, but its funny to think about. Truly, nursing is the eating he knows!



No comments:

Post a Comment

As another blogger said, comments are like payment, its acknowledging the writer's effort. I'd love to hear your thoughts, ideas and responses... best done via a comment!