Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Oh, Glorious Day!

Its in the 70's outside and the windows are open! I love it!


Peanut isn't feeling great today, but that doesn't stop him from playing hard. Yesterday, I caught him playing with his toy box... instead of the toys!


Doesn't he look like he's having fun? He's doing the "army crawl" more and more, but he still isn't so interested in sitting.


I feel like I had some great luck today.  While out on errands, we stopped at the only children's clothing thrift store I know of around here, Smarty Pants. I was able to get all this...  for $10. Yep, 2 pairs cotton 2 piece pjs, 1 really warm with a hood pj, 2 footie pjs, and 2 long sleeve onsies. Most items were off the clearance rack, which means one item at $0.75, and 2 at $1.00.

Plus, I got a stack of patterns off of freecycle.org...


These were up earlier in Jan, but when I emailed the gal, she said someone had spoken for them. She called me last night to say that the other gal never came to pick them up, so they were mine if I'd come and get them. So, I did.

women's, non-maternity

maternity

children's

Are items from the 90's vintage, yet? What about 80's? Anyhoo, I *think* with the right fabrics, these could make some nice outfits. And, luckily, there is one little girl in the family (a niece) because all the children's patterns are for little girl outfits. Oh, yes, we'd love to have a little girl, but who knows what the Lord will give us.

Dinner is in the crockpot, the kitchen is just about cleaned up, Peanut is asleep and I'm having a cup of coffee (full caff! living on the edge today!). This has been a good day.


1 comment:

As another blogger said, comments are like payment, its acknowledging the writer's effort. I'd love to hear your thoughts, ideas and responses... best done via a comment!