Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Crazy Mulch

Today, I did something crazy. I talked to the tree dudes and got a truck-full of mulch. 12 cubic yards. Seems crazy to me. Did I mention it was free?

Hubby has already moved about 20 wheel-barrels full from the pile, and this is what's left.


Crazy, is it not? But I'm loving it. My dream of having a "real" garden is starting to come true. I'm mulching all the "paths" around the beds and vines and there will be plenty to mulch the beds, too. Here's the progress after 20 loads:


Luckily, there are two others interested in having some free mulch, so I'm guessing it will be gone by the weekend. I'm sure I'll use more for the flower beds out front, and if any is left from that, I can freecycle.com the stuff, or it might get layered thicker on the "paths".

Free stuff is the bomb. 12 cubic yards of mulch that's free rocks.

3 comments:

  1. Who can turn down some free mulch. Not me and not you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've used about half, I think. Finally a noticeable dent is made and just about the whole back corner of my new "garden" is mulched. Trying to remember: don't be stingy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!
    Free things rock, certainly.

    ReplyDelete

As another blogger said, comments are like payment, its acknowledging the writer's effort. I'd love to hear your thoughts, ideas and responses... best done via a comment!