Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Snow Days

Well..... its a "snow day" here for us. True, we are a small, private school and people come from all over town and surround communities, but I was surprised to say the least. A winter storm blew in last night, bringing *cold*, rain and hail/ice. I wasn't looking forward to driving in, least of all over the few bridges we cross to get to school. But the whole day? That's crazy.... but nice.

What does one do with a snow day? A suddenly free, no commitments kind of day doesn't spring up all that often in anyone's life, I'm sure. Here's what I'm thinking for today:

ANTI-PROCRASTINATION DAY ALL THE WAY!

-finish the grading I brought home and didn't finish last night (done as of 850 am :D)
-grocery shopping (I have to take Hubby to school anyways, so might as well)
-make a run to the new yarn store that I haven't visited yet (yeah, yarn store in Waco!)
groceries done, yarn store not found :( and home again by 1230 pm
-declutter the jewelry (finished at 915 am!)
-do the mending of a fav sweater and other items I've procrastinated on. check!
-vacuum done, yea!

That should keep me busy and it makes good use of the day... I hope. We'll see how disciplined I can be, though, I am a major procrastinator.

For those who love pictures, oh sister, I'll see about getting a few during the day. :D

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:46 AM

    I've been making plans to avoid just sitting on my couch all day. 1st squash with Dave, perhaps a movie with Martinka.

    Probably should plan out a calculus unit to begin next week.

    ReplyDelete

As another blogger said, comments are like payment, its acknowledging the writer's effort. I'd love to hear your thoughts, ideas and responses... best done via a comment!