Thursday, November 10, 2011

Entrepreneurship, enter stage right!

Gosh, had to look that word up to make sure I spelled it right!

Yep, I'm trying out being an entrepreneur. I think it might be in my blood, as I'm always thinking about how I can make some extra money. I've had all sorts of ideas, from sewing things to knitting things to crocheting things to growing things. Until now, I've not had the confidence to follow through on the ideas, though.

But now, thanks to Hubby's encouragement, I'm ready to announce... my very own... what to call it... shop? business? no -- none of that is right. Anyhoo, Rachael's Homemade Goodies is now open! And I've got canned goods to sell!

This Saturday is an Arts and Craft Fair to raise money for Leah Grace to help pay for the meds she will need for the rest of her life (see http://parkerlife04.blogspot.com/ for the most recent update). Leah had a heart transplant several months ago, and she's doing quite well.

I purchased a table, as a vendor, to sell my goods on Saturday. I will have apple butter, candied jalapenos, pickled jalapenos and dill pickles. Yes, you will have the opportunity to taste my goods before buying, if you come on Saturday, between 10 and 3, to Fellowship Bible Church in Waco, Texas.

I will donate half of my net profits to COTA for Leah of anything sold through Saturday evening.

Should you not be able to make it Saturday, due to time, location, etc, you are welcome to still purchase these goods. Please email rachaelshomemadegoodies@gmail.com, and we can arrange shipping. (Shipping will cost extra; should there be interest, I will figure that out.)

Here's what I got:
Apple Butter -- All natural
contains apples, sugar, spices and water


4 oz jar -- $4
8 oz jar -- $6
16 oz jar -- $10

Dill Pickles & Pickled Jalapenos -- All natural and mostly organic (explanation following)
Pickled jalapenos contain jalapenos, water, vinegar, salt and spices

Dill pickles contain cucumbers, water, vinegar, salt, dill seeds, and mustard seeds


16 oz jar -- $10

Candied Jalapenos -- All natural and mostly organic (explanation following)
contains jalapenos, sugar, vinegar, spices
Not my picture, borrowed from tastykitchen.com. I will post a picture of my product as soon as I can!

16 oz jar -- $10

What does "mostly organic" mean? Both the jalapenos and the cucumbers for these items were grown in my backyard. I did not use any pesticides, herbicides or artificial fertilizer on them. However, we have only been in this house for 2 years, and I didn't use specially marked organic sugar, vinegar or spices. 

I hope to see you Saturday. Those who come to my table on Saturday and can tell me what my most common tag is will receive a small gift of appreciation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

As another blogger said, comments are like payment, its acknowledging the writer's effort. I'd love to hear your thoughts, ideas and responses... best done via a comment!