Friday, April 02, 2010

Ants... the curse of my yard

I HATE ANTS!!!!!

Yes, that much. They settled in both compost piles (old and new) and in two veggies beds. I have several bites on my left ankle now that itch like crazy. If any one knows a nice, organic method of keeping ants out of my veggies, please let me know. For now, I will nuke them with the little balls of poison I found at Home Depot. I don't like it, but getting bit everything I go out isn't an option. I'm not allergic, but I also don't want to get bit so much I start reacting to it.

On the bright side, sort of, its raining here! Yeah!!!! Rain barrel refilling in progress. I got two rows of potatoes planted (Red and Russett) and replaced two pepper plants that got eaten/stepped on with new seedlings. I wish I'd started more Amish Paste Tomatoes. I have boo koos and boo koos of Cherry Romas and Mexico Midgets, but only 3 of the 6 Amish Paste I put survived that cold snap we had.

And on the funny side, the 1/2 chicken must be dieing off, because Hank was on the table this afternoon and ate some of the meat out of my sandwich I left on the table. Yes, yes, I shouldn't of left the sandwich on the table, but, goodness, he is getting bold.

Off for some coffee and planning our route for the Austin Funky Chicken Coop Tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

As another blogger said, comments are like payment, its acknowledging the writer's effort. I'd love to hear your thoughts, ideas and responses... best done via a comment!