Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Busy day!

Today was very full, and lots happened.
This morning, I made bread. And I broke my spoon. DRAT! I broke the pitch fork, and now my spoon. At the grocery store, I bought a new spoon with a very thick neck. Lets hope I don't break that one, its now the most expensive kitchen spoon I own.



Then, I discovered a bird's nest in one of my hanging tomato planters.

I haven't the heart to remove it! Is this bad? Will I get attacked by defending sparrow parents? ARGH!!!

After my success with hummus, I decided to give peanut butter a try. I could live on peanut butter, at least, I could live on Jiffy peanut butter. This was, again, an effort to use my new food processor. I put 1.57 lbs of honey roasted peanuts (purchased in bulk at the local grocery store) in the processor, and blended away. It was looking a tad dry, so after a quick internet look up, I decided to add a bit of veggy oil, about 1/2 Tbsp. It was a bit too much, I think, could do with less. Here is the result, about 1.5 cups worth:


Tastes nice, too.

This picture wasn't today, I didn't have time for a nap today. But I thought it was so very cute, Hank and I napping together.


Nice, wasn't as long of a post as I thought it would be!

1 comment:

As another blogger said, comments are like payment, its acknowledging the writer's effort. I'd love to hear your thoughts, ideas and responses... best done via a comment!